Feng Shui is an ancient philosophy which suggests that the physical layout of the spaces around us can affect us. If you would like to bring positive energy to your workspace, why not try out these tips from the American Institute of Feng Shui:
• Position your desk so that it is facing the door and with a solid wall behind it. This will give you a sense of control and security.
• Eliminate clutter from your workplace. This will give space for objects with more positive energy.
• Place red decorative objects in your place of work such as roses or candles. In Feng Shui, red carries the energy of fire: a symbol of divine energy and creativity, and the colour of luck, luxury, richness and happiness.
• Add plants to bring positive energy to the space. Adding plants to the work environment can help to reduce the risk of sick building syndrome. Adding plants will also improve the air quality and remove impurities while adding a focal point to your work environment. Plus! Office greenery can reduce levels of airborne dust, air temperatures and background noise, and plants absorb our dirty air and, through photosynthesis, effectively cleanse it, releasing clean oxygen!
• Make sure you have plenty of light in your working area, and if you can, crack open a window to keep the air circulating!